The Essential Worker Immigration Coalition (EWIC) has been intimately involved with the legislative process and has been working closely with key Congressional members to shape and draft practical immigration reform legislation.
EWIC supports a comprehensive immigration reform measure that:
- Addresses both future economic needs for future workers through the creation of a guest worker program and practically addresses the estimated 7-11 million unauthorized workers already in the United States.
- Creates an immigration system that functions efficiently for employers, workers, and government agencies.
- Creates a program that allows hard working, tax paying unauthorized workers to earn legal status.
- Ensures that U.S. workers are not displaced by foreign workers.
- Ensures that all workers enjoy the same labor law protections.
- Strengthens national security by providing for the screening of foreign workers and creating a disincentive for illegal immigration.
- Strengthens the rule of law by establishing clear, sensible immigration laws that are efficiently and vigorously enforced.
The Essential Worker Immigration Coalition (EWIC) is a coalition of businesses, trade associations, and other organizations from across the industry spectrum concerned with the shortage of both lesser skilled and unskilled (“essential worker”) labor. EWIC stands ready to work with the Administration and Congress to push forward on important immigration reform issues.
EWIC supports policies that facilitate the employment of essential workers by U.S. companies and organizations. Current immigration law largely prevents the hiring of foreign essential workers. EWIC supports reform of US immigration policy to facilitate a sustainable workforce for the American economy while ensuring our national security and prosperity.
- American Health Care Association
- American Horse Council
- American Hort
- American Hotel & Lodging Association
- American Meat Institute
- American Seniors Housing Association
- American Staffing Association
- American Trucking Associations
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- Associated General Contractors of America
- Federation of Employers & Workers of America
- Golf Course Superintendents Association of America
- Greenberg Traurig LLP
- ImmigrationWorks USA
- Independent Electrical Contractors
- International Franchise Association
- National Apartment Association
- National Association of Home Builders
- National Association of Manufacturers
- National Club Association
- National Council of Chain Restaurants
- National Electrical Contractors Association
- National Multi Housing Council
- National Retail Federation
- National Roofing Contractors Association
- Outdoor Amusement Business Association
- Professional Landcare Network
- Retail Industry Leaders Association
- Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council
- Small Business Workforce Alliance
- Society of American Florists
- The Tree Care Industry Association
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- United Fresh Produce Association